Carwings control app para Android (worldwide version)

Aqui devem ser colocadas todas as dicas e truques que achem interessantes relatar e partilhar
mikexilva
Moderador Global
Registado: 06 jan 2011, 00:44
Data de fabrico: 01 jan 2011
Capacidade bateria: Metade dos 24Kwh
Contacto:

Re: Carwings control app para Android (worldwide version)

Mensagem por mikexilva » 09 jan 2012, 16:06

Yes, it's the version 4.1 (the only one that shows up available in Android Market right now). It's strange because it did work in previous version 3.1 of the app (as I reported before).

I can make a video of this problem later at home.. it all happens too fast, but I think the app seems to log in and immediately I see a blue background text line saying "refreshing information" (or something like this) and immediately I see the message logging in again, and it keeps looping like this.

I use my Android phone (Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0.1) in English, but I suppose it has no unintended effect to apps...

I can also install the app in my wife's phone (Nexus S - Android 2.3.4) later on, because after all that's she who is using the car most of the time. But I was waiting for a more stable release.

mjr
Administrador do site
Registado: 04 jan 2011, 15:55
Data de fabrico: 30 mai 2018
Capacidade bateria: 114.8 Ah 12 barras

Mensagem por mjr » 09 jan 2012, 17:58

BauDemo Escreveu:I am the developer of Open Wings. It took me some time to find you guys . I hope it is ok to post in English. Feel free to respond in Portuguese.
Yes the app does use the carwings web interface and this is why it is slower than the iphone app. I am looking into ways to change that, but it may take some time.

mikexilva - thank you for testing the app and confirming it works in for Portugal. I am really sorry for the login loop you have experienced - you are reporting that this was ver.3.9 - are you sure? I could reproduce this in ver 3.6 and thought that I fixed it by ver. 3.9 - can you please try to uninstall and reinstall from market?

The latest version is 4.1 and contains localization - some of the messages are in Portuguese, unfortunately translated with help of google, so some maybe way off. If any of you want to help out with translation - I can send you the list of messages.

Anyhow, thanks again, and let me know any questions, ideas, or problems with the app.
Welcome to nissanleaft.com, BauDemo, and congratulations to your app!

As this topic is about your app and you are not a portuguese speaker, I don't see any problem to keep this conversation in English.

Regarding the problems logging in, I can say that right now I can't login with my iPhone app, and in the webpage it says that I must activate Carwings! Maybe the problem is not in your app?
Nissan Leaf 40 Tekna preto, entregue em 30 de maio de 2018. 51400km em 2024-02-15
Nissan LEAF mk1 Preto, entregue em 7 de julho de 2011. 180000 km em 2023-12-22.
Tesla Model 3 LR preto entregue em 2019-03-06. 125000 km em 2023-12-22.
Sócio da associação de Utilizadores de Veículos Elétricos, UVE: http://www.uve.pt

Essiemme
Proprietário Leaf
Registado: 08 jan 2011, 11:46
Capacidade bateria: +/- 64,69Ah 12Barras

Mensagem por Essiemme » 09 jan 2012, 19:20

Looks like the problem is global (at least in Europe).

I had the same behaviour in Carwings/WEB, I had to review all the account information and set some "agree checkboxes" again.

In the end, it gives some error and asks me to contact for help.

I did it using the Chat facility and the guy who was at the other side took me for an UK owner and, somehow, confirmed me there was some problem happening with Carwings. Later he asked me for my address and, after I replied him, asked me to contact our (PT) contact center 800......

He was, suposedly attending UK clients only (despite the fact I used our local PT web page to reach this service...), so it is happening in UK as well.

sm

:(
11 Barras.
+ de 222.800 KMs
+/- 84,55 SOH :|

BauDemo
Registado: 09 jan 2012, 11:49
Capacidade bateria: 65,5 Ah

Mensagem por BauDemo » 09 jan 2012, 21:45

Thank you for the messages!
Yes it seems there is a problem with the carwings service. I finally managed to reproduce the behavior of looping login, and managed to get some clues - the error was that carwings refused connections. Of course my app should have handled the situation more gracefully. I am working on that now, and hopefully will have a new version in a day or two.

mikexilva
Moderador Global
Contacto:

Mensagem por mikexilva » 10 jan 2012, 01:48

Ok, so I'll save my wife's phone for now, and test it later when the conditions change for better ;)

mikexilva
Moderador Global
Contacto:

Mensagem por mikexilva » 10 jan 2012, 02:13

I was thinking about a feature that would be interesting if it was possible to implement:

An android widget that would automatically update the information after the driver used the car, that's when battery state should keep unchanged (unless charging).
To check when the driver left the car, the app could "see" when the car's Bluetooth got out of range. The LEAF's paired audio system appears to my phone with the name "My Car".
And if the last state checked had the AC power cord plugged in, or if the battery was changing, the widget would automatically keep updating information every 15 minutes or so (not sure if it's possible to check the programmed charging timers in the LEAF, that could be a good time to start updating information again every 15 minutes)... until it stops charging, or detects the car's Bluetooth again ;) - I said 15 minutes, but it should be used configured (no less than 5 minutes or 10 minutes not to flood the servers)

The widget should show available battery bars, estimated range left, and if it's plugged or charging... unfortunately the battery percentage should be harder to get with accuracy from web portal...

BauDemo

Mensagem por BauDemo » 10 jan 2012, 14:35

Thanks for the idea, I tested something like that in the beginning... maybe I can include it in some next realease.
By the way - the problem with looping login is associated with login problems - as pointed out earlier it is not a proper way for my app to behave, but I am thinking - can you login on the portugal carwings website with your login, password?

JAbrizida
Proprietário Leaf
Registado: 03 mar 2011, 16:14

Mensagem por JAbrizida » 11 jan 2012, 12:42

Agora, sem eu ter feito nada para isso, apareceu a versão portuguesa que, simplesmente não funciona. Tive que desinstalar o programa! Espero por melhores dias. :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BauDemo

Mensagem por BauDemo » 11 jan 2012, 16:05

Keep in mind that open wings app is talking to the nissan servers. If you find that my app does not work for you, can you please check if you are able to log in via your browser to the nissan carwings website.

mikexilva
Moderador Global
Contacto:

Mensagem por mikexilva » 11 jan 2012, 17:44

I just checked via web and could log in to web server and refresh battery information in:
http://www.nissan.pt/PT/pt/YouPlus/priv ... ttery.html
and it took around 2.5mins to refresh information.
And tested again Open Wings and it did the same login loop untill I "Force Close" it in app management.

PS: JAbrizida was saying that without him making any changes, it showed up the Portuguese version and it stop working...

Responder

Voltar para “Truques e Dicas”